Notice: All 12 of the below plugins are also installed and configured as part of our WordPress Installation Service along with upto five others of your choice.
Top 12 must-have WordPress plugins for anyone getting started with WordPress.
1. Akismet – Akismet is widely regarded as the number one anti-spam plugin for WordPress. Spam has always, and likely always will be, a problem on the internet. Akismet makes it easy to manage spam and sort out the wheat from the chaff where comments on your blog are concerned.
2. All in one SEO pack – All in one SEO pack is an out of the box SEO plugin for WordPress, which sole job is to optimize your WordPress blog for the search engines.
3. Google XML Sitemaps – Google XML sitemap is a plugin which generates an XML sitemap for your WordPress blog. This helps search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing and Ask.com to index your blog better and faster.
4. Scaleable Contact Form – Scaleable contact form is a plugin which allows you to create contact forms anywhere on your blog. This can be used on a contact page or even embedded in posts. The form is also, as the name suggests, scalable. You can add as many fields to the form as you wish.
5. Simple Tags – Simple tags is a plugin that allows you to quickly and simply manage, edit, auto link, and add tags to pages & posts instead of just posts. Simple tags also features a ‘related posts’ option which adds links to other ‘related posts’ on every post and page you create.
6. Sociable – Sociable is a plugin which adds links on your posts, pages and RSS feed to your favorite social bookmarking sites. Allowing your content to be shared by others more easily.
7. Tweetmeme Button – Tweetmeme is another twitter plugin which easily lets you and others retweet your blog posts and pages. Helping you get more traffic and exposure for your blog.
8. Statpress – Statpress is a plugin which produces real-time statistics about your blog. Statistics include: visitors, page views, search engine spiders, referrers, and even search term data. Very useful plugin for keeping an eye on your stats in real-time
9. WP-DB-Backup – WP data backup plugin allows you to easily backup your core WordPress database tables. An excellent plugin for protecting yourself from losing data should something go wrong.
10. Subscribe to Comments – This plugin enables commenters to sign up for e-mail notification of subsequent entries. Subscribers can keep upto date with comment threads on your blog via email, and are free to un-subscribe at any time if they wish.
12. WP125 Ad management – This plugin adds a new “Ads” menu to the WordPress admin panel, featuring submenus for tweaking display, keeping track of click-though rates, and adding and removing ads.